Below are resources for the IMC-L. The documents contained on this page are (mostly) in PDF format.
Interested? Select from a category link below or simply scroll down the page.
- How to Meditate: The Basic Steps – These instructions are based on the Buddhist Insight Meditation tradition practiced in Asia for over 2500 years and currently practiced throughout the world today.
- IMC-L Meditation Information Package – A comprehensive meditation package prepared by IMC-L.
- Insight Meditation Resource Manual – Background Materials & Readings, rev 10-2011.
- Meditation Tips and Techniques – Meditation Tips and Techniques on Settling the Mind for Meditation.
- Meditation Practice Suggestions – adapted from Beck, Charlotte Joko, Shambhala Sun, July 2002.
- Meditation FAQs by Tara Brach – “This guide is meant to be useful for all practitioners. New and experienced, alike.” Tara Brach worked with teacher colleagues to compile questions they felt were most important to address.
- The Practice of Compassion – Shared with IMC-L by Larissa Kitenko
- Meal Blessing – Shared with IMC-L by Larissa Kitenko
- Metta Phrases– Shared with IMC-L by Larissa Kitenko
Dharma Study Group
- Parami: Ways to Cross Life’s Floods – Ajahn Sucitto. This is our basic resource for study this year. You can download for free in either pdf or ebook format.
- The Eightfold Path for the Householder – Jack Kornfield.
- IMC-L DSG Mindful Dialogue Process – courtesy of IMC-Washington.
- IMC-L Dharma Study Group Books Read – as of July-2014.
- BuddhaNet – BuddhaNet™ is the result of a vision to link up with the growing world-wide culture of people committed to the Buddha’s teachings and lifestyle, as an on-line cyber sangha.
- Insight Meditation Society (IMS) – One of the original US Insight Meditation Groups. Located in Barre MA.
Other IMC Sanghas
- Insight Meditation Community of Washington, DC – Our affiliated community in Washington, DC.
- Mindfulness Meditation in Dover – Mindfulness Meditation in Dover, DE
- Insight Meditation Community of Chestertown, MD – Our affiliated community in Chestertown, MD.
- Insight Meditation Community of Easton, MD – Our affiliated community in Easton, MD.
- Seattle Insight Meditation Society – Sangha led by Rodney Smith
- Philadelphia Meditation Center – Located in Havertown, Pennsylvania
Audio Dharma Talks
- Dharma Seed – Great Resource for Online Dharma Talks by Rodney Smith. Wonderful Talks about Meditation and Dharma from Seattle’s Principle Teacher
- Thich Nhat Hanh – Various Talks from Vietnamese Teacher Thich Nhat Hanh.
- Insight Meditation Community-Washington (IMCW) – Talks by Jonathan Foust, Hugh Byrne, Ruth King and other IMCW teachers.
- Tara Brach – Audio & Video Dharma by IMCW’s Principle Teacher, Tara Brach.
- Zencast – This site has many teachers and many topics.
- Access to Insight – Readings in Theravada Buddhism.
- The Dhammapada – The path of the Dhamma
- Audio at Abhayagiri – Chanting and Dhamma – Talks from a Buddhist community in Redwood, California, in the tradition of Ajahn Chah, Ajahn Sumedho & Amaravati Buddhist Monastery.
- Dhamma Talks – Dhamma talks given by various teachers in the Theravada Forest Sangha tradition.
- Audio at Mid-Peninsular Insight Meditation Center – This site is an archive of dharma talks given by Gil Fronsdal and various guest speakers at the center since 2000.
- Satipanya Association – Guided meditations and talks by Bhante Bodhidhamma.
- Sutta Readings – A selection of the Buddha’s Suttas, read aloud by senior teachers and practitioners in the Theravada Buddhist tradition.
- Working with Pain: Class Recordings – Taught by Ines Freedman.